- All dangerous goods whether for import, export or on transit must be declared and approved by MPA and Jurong Port via JP-Online.
- Shipper is required to submit the declaration 12 hours before the arrival of vessel. Late submission may be penalized by MPA.
- Once approval is given by MPA, JP-Online will be updated and JP WSH Duty Officer will approve the PM4 online or manually. And this PM4 shall serve as the permit to enter or exit the port for the declared DG.
- Criteria for Manual PM4 approval:
- The manual vetting of dangerous good declaration is true for cases where there is a weight limit impose on the chemical.
- Majority of the dangerous goods declaration will be auto-vet and approved by the system based on their unique properties.
- In the event manual vet is required, the following guidelines shall be used :-
IMO class 3 – flammable liquid:
(1) < – 26 degree Celsius = Group 1 Direct
(2) – 26 degree Celsius up to 22 degree Celsius = Group 2 Store
(3) 23 degree Celsius or above = Group 3 Store
IMO class 6.1 – toxic substances:
- If the chemical is a solid (powder, granules, cake form):
(1) LD50 rat (oral) – ≤ 5mg/kg = Group 2 Direct
(2) LD50 rat (oral) – 5mg/kg to 200mg/kg = Group 3 Store
- If chemical is a liquid:
(1) LD50 rat (oral) – ≤ 50mg/kg = Group 2 Direct;
(2) LD rat (oral) – 50mg/kg to 500mg/kg = Group 3 Store