Local storage is for local import and export cargoes.
This type of storage is for cargo that is discharged from vessel or gate-in for shipment. The cargo is placed in transit storage to be either taken out of the port or gate-in awaiting vessel Actual Time of Berthing (ATB).
This storage is applicable for vessel under the liner and non-liner scheme.
- For Import – Free Storage Period (FSP) from the first 72 hours from the Completion of Discharge (COD) time to first Delivery Note (DN) transaction.
- For Export – FSP from first Unloading Advice (UA) to ATB of vessel.
- When storage period exceeds the Free Storage Period (FSP), store-rent is back-dated to the COD or the first UA. The rates are as per the published tariff. The storage is billed based on metric weight or volume, whichever greater (revenue tonne).
- For Non-Liner vessels, the FSP is 6 hours.
- For Import – The FSP is from the COD to the transaction of the DN (whichever is earlier).
- For Export – The FSP is from the transaction of the UA to the ATB (whichever is earlier)
- Unauthorised storage of $2.50/tonne/day is imposed when storage exceed the FSP of first 6 hours.